Tuesday 13 November 2012

Decisions, Decisions



Josh is to start school in September and I have been looking at schools for him.  There are good and   not so good schools near us.  It all seems a bit of a mine field - do I go for a school near home just because it means we can walk to school or do I go for the one I like but it would mean using the car every morning.  The classes all seem really big (in number of pupils ).  I've looked at one village school which had smaller classes but it means travelling by car.  It was a lovely friendly school and it had good vibes. There are so many thoughts going through my head at the moment , it is hard to put them into words.  It all seems such a huge decision to make.  There is also another thing going through my mind - do I just go for home education instead, could I cope doing this.  I sometimes lie awake in bed thinking things over and just wish someone would give me an answer to all my questions, concerns.  I can see lots more sleepless nights coming before submitting my application. (If I submit it - which I won't have to do if we home educate but that brings up more issues, concerns).


2 comments:

  1. It's a very hard decision. We're going through it with secondary school choices right now and stress levels are through the roof. Still, whatever you decide, the fact that your little one has such an involved mum will make all he difference wherever he ends up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this it was just what I needed at this time.

      Morag x

      Delete